The Morgan Community Mile partners with Northeast Baltimore neighborhoods and the private, public, and nonprofit sectors. This Initiative engages community stakeholders and university students, faculty, and staff in inclusive, democratic, and participatory processes that result in mutually defined community plans and projects, measurable outcomes, and positive community impact.
Facts on the Morgan Community Mile
- Size of the Morgan Community Mile: 12.2 Square Miles (7796.5 acres)
- Number of Census Tracts: 32
- Number of Baltimore Community Statistical Areas: 9
- Number of residents in the Morgan Community Mile: 114,296 individuals in 2010
- Number of neighborhood associations in the Morgan Community Mile: more than 56
- Number of business associations in the Morgan Community Mile: 6